Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Scott Battaglia <sc...@rutgers.edu> on 2006/08/11 06:42:11 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin & dependencies

I'm working on a project that has a parent project and two modules
(currently), with the following assembly.xml file:
http://developer.ja-sig.org/source/browse/jasig/cas-clients/java-client/assembly.xml?r=1.2

For the most part, the script works, but I have a couple issues that I
can't figure out:

1.  I haven't been able to filter dependencies.  I've specified a few as
"provided" but they still show up when I do "includeDependencies"
2.  If I do set includeBaseDirectory to true I get the following
directory structure (which is not what I want):
parent.project.name\*
parent.project.name\project.project.name\module1\*
parent.project.name\project.project.name\module2\*

while I want it to be:
parent.project.name\*
parent.project.name\module1\*
parent.project.name\module2\*

Any ideas, based on my assembly.xml, on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
-Scott

--
Scott Battaglia
Application Developer, Architecture & Engineering Team

Re: maven-assembly-plugin & dependencies

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
First, you might want to check which version of the assembly plugin you're
using. It should be in the debug output (-X for debug).

If you're running with the maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-SNAPSHOT, then I'd say
file a JIRA issue for it in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY and
I'll try to get that fixed prior to the 2.2 release.

Thanks,

John