Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by François Renevey <fr...@dartfish.com> on 2005/12/16 09:10:49 UTC

Error: No engine configuration file

Dear Axis user,

I'm new to Axis. I try to use Axis as client to access web services. As test
I try to access the existing web service GlobalWeather.
I'm using a web server Linux with Apache and Tomcat.

I did the following:
  a.. I uploaded the library axis.jar, commons-discovery-0.2.jar,
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar, jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar et wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar in
/var/tomcat4/common/lib.
  b.. I restarted Tomcat.
  c.. I added a test jsp page:
http://www.dartfish.com/tests/web_services/axis.jsp.

As soon as I click on the button "Get Weather" or "Get Cities By Country" in
my test jsp page, I get the following error:

Exception: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file -
aborting! org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration
file - aborting! at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java
:175) at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172) at
org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.(AxisEngine.java:156) at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.(AxisClient.java:52) at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104) at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:157) at
org.apache.jsp.axis$jsp._jspService(axis$jsp.java:135) at ...

It seems like the client-config.wsdd could not be found in the axis.jar in
/org/apache/axis/client.

Part of my jsp page:
try
{
 String wsdlUrl = "http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx?WSDL";
 String nameSpaceUri = "http://www.webserviceX.NET";
 String serviceName = "GlobalWeather";
 String targetEndpointUrl = "http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx";
 String portName = "GlobalWeatherSoap";
 String operation = "GetWeather";
 Object[] parameters = new Object[] {vCity, vCountry};

 Service axisService = new Service(new URL(wsdlUrl), new QName(nameSpaceUri,
serviceName));
 Call axisCall = (Call) axisService.createCall();

 axisCall.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(targetEndpointUrl));
 axisCall.setOperation(new QName(nameSpaceUri, portName), operation);

 vResult = (String) axisCall.invoke(parameters);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
 vError = "Exception: " + e.getMessage();
}

I tried to do exactely the same test on another web server, and it works
without any problem: http://www.dartfishonline.com/axis.jsp

Does somebody have an idea what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance for any help.
François Renevey      +41 26 425 49 63      www.dartfish.com
Dartfish    Rte de la Fonderie 6   CP53     CH-1705 Fribourg