Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk> on 2009/12/15 16:51:06 UTC

Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Hi,

Do I need to keep the session open when reading data from a binary property?

Regards

Ben Short

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk> wrote:
> Its a very handy undocumented feature.
>
> Since its undocumented is it safe to assume that it might change without notice?

yes

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Thanks for this info guys.

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Re: Jackrabbit 2 Binary

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do I need to keep the session open when reading data from a binary property?

it might be possible with jackrabbit to close the session while
reading the binary,
but there's no guarantee for this behavior. it's not spec'ed by
jsr-170/283 either.

therefore, to stay on the safe side, i'd keep the session open while
reading large binaries.

cheers
stefan