Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 11:35:28 UTC

build errors for activemq5.3.2

Hi,
i downloaded the code from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-parent-5.3.2
and given following commands
1) mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -- no error its success.
2) mvn clean install -- success with out any errors.
3) mvn eclipse:eclipse
..then i have imported the project into eclipse ,
then its gave me lot of errors most of them are for jar file missing.
its not picking from /user/.m2/repository/.. is there any other settings i
have to do it after importing the project into eclipse.(i have maven eclipse
plugin installed ready)
can you please give the list of the steps i have to do it for running it
from eclipse..
thank you in advance.

Re: build errors for activemq5.3.2

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
maven 2.2.0 and jdk 1.5 for trunk is what I am using but it is not
tied to a particluar version just that later versions may be more
particular w.r.t dependencies and properties. sorry about the
reference to 2.0.9.

same will work with 5.3.2

With eclipse and the m2plugin, be sure to add the missing generated
sources directories in /target to the project source.

What compilation error are you getting with trunk?  Possibly start
with a: mvn clean install -Dtest=0 to validate.

On 23 July 2010 12:18, codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> okay..now i have downloaded the code from trunk
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/)
> then its listing following error in eclipse..
>
> "Build errors for activemq-core;
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile
> (default-compile) on project activemq-core: Compilation failure"
>
> i gave mvn --version in command prompt following is the out put..
>
> Apache Maven 2.0.11 (r909250; 2010-02-12 11:25:50+0530)
> Java version: 1.5.0_13
> Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_13\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 2003" version: "5.2" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"
>
> please hep me..what version of mvn and java i need to use for running code
> from trunk ..
> also please tell me for activemq5.3.2 mvn version and java version.
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
>>
>> It looks like the maven version you are using is more picky than that
>> which was used for the development of 5.3.2, those discrepancies have
>> been resolved on trunk for a large part.
>>
>> I guess you have a few options, use something like mvn 2.0.9 or use
>> trunk or patch your checkout of 5.3.2 with the fixes from trunk.
>>
>> If you move to trunk and find such issues, please open a jira issue
>> and we will get them resolved pronto.
>>
>> On 23 July 2010 11:49, codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  using pointing the m2eclipseplugin import capability at the projects
>>> i am getting following error..
>>>
>>> [ERROR]
>>> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
>>> must be unique: activesoap:jaxp-api:jar -> duplicate declaration of
>>> version
>>> 1.3 @ org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:5.3.2, C:\ACTIVEMQ5.3.2\pom.xml
>>>

>>> like this i am getting error for other components also eg.active

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://fusesource.com

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: build errors for activemq5.3.2

Posted by codescoder <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the maven version you are using is more picky than that
which was used for the development of 5.3.2, those discrepancies have
been resolved on trunk for a large part.

I guess you have a few options, use something like mvn 2.0.9 or use
trunk or patch your checkout of 5.3.2 with the fixes from trunk.

If you move to trunk and find such issues, please open a jira issue
and we will get them resolved pronto.

On 23 July 2010 11:49, codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  using pointing the m2eclipseplugin import capability at the projects
> i am getting following error..
>
> [ERROR]
> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
> must be unique: activesoap:jaxp-api:jar -> duplicate declaration of version
> 1.3 @ org.apache.activemq:activemq-parent:5.3.2, C:\ACTIVEMQ5.3.2\pom.xml
>

> like this i am getting error for other components also eg.active
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
>>
>> rather than mvn eclipse:eclipse, I find that pointing the m2eclipse
>> plugin import capability at the projects works well.
>> There are a few caveats - the generated sources from protobuf in
>> activemq-core/target/generated-source need to be manually included to
>> the project source list (there is an add to source list in the
>> resource view iirc) as is the case for the parser generated selector
>> code.
>> Otherwise it works as expected
>>
>> On 23 July 2010 10:57, codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> if i add the jar files manually its working fine..
>>> do i need to do any other settings rather than manually adding jars to
>>> the
>>> path.

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://fusesource.com

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: build errors for activemq5.3.2

Posted by codescoder <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by codescoder <bu...@gmail.com>.
yes i have tired with that option also.. still i am getting errors like
 "Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
The type org.springframework.transaction.PlatformTransactionManager cannot
be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
ActiveMQConfiguration.java
/ACTIVEMQ5.3.2/activemq-camel/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/camel/component
line 1	Java Problem
"

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
rather than mvn eclipse:eclipse, I find that pointing the m2eclipse
plugin import capability at the projects works well.
There are a few caveats - the generated sources from protobuf in
activemq-core/target/generated-source need to be manually included to
the project source list (there is an add to source list in the
resource view iirc) as is the case for the parser generated selector
code.
Otherwise it works as expected

On 23 July 2010 10:57, codescoder <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if i add the jar files manually its working fine..
> do i need to do any other settings rather than manually adding jars to the
> path.
>
> codescoder wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> i downloaded the code from
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-parent-5.3.2
>> and given following commands
>> 1) mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -- no error its success.
>> 2) mvn clean install -- success with out any errors.
>> 3) mvn eclipse:eclipse
>> ..then i have imported the project into eclipse ,
>> then its gave me lot of errors most of them are for jar file missing.
>> its not picking from /user/.m2/repository/.. is there any other settings i
>> have to do it after importing the project into eclipse.(i have maven
>> eclipse plugin installed ready)
>> can you please give the list of the steps i have to do it for running it
>> from eclipse..
>> thank you in advance.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration