Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Shirolkar, Anup" <An...@netapp.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/21 09:18:00 UTC

Delete Kafka topics replicated by mirror maker 2

Hi Team,

I have configured two Kafka clusters with 2-way replication using MirrorMaker2 (mm2).
I want to delete a topic from source cluster and its replica from destination cluster.

When I delete a topic in the source cluster and then delete the replica in the destination cluster, the destination cluster replica reappears.

I have set auto.create.topic.enable=false in both source and target cluster.

To test this behaviour is due to mm2, I stopped all the mm2 services and then deleted the destination source and destination topics.
The destination topic was gone but as soon as I start the mm2 service it recreates the destination topic even when the source topic does not exist.

I am using Kafka 2.7.0 for both Kafka clusters as well as mm2.
Can someone let me know what I need to change to delete a topic and its replica.

Thanks.