Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jaewoong Choi <jw...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/01/30 21:03:36 UTC

Please vote

Hi,

I just filed a jira proposal of ZooKeeper authentication enhancement by enforcing auth-info to clients.

The point is that, while ZooKeeper provides a nice authorization framework, it doesn't fit and very expensive to a basic authentication need which requires very straightforward ability to either allow or deny unauthenticated user connections.  To achieve this, every znode should have at least one ACL attached.  Please take a look at the detail description on the ticket above.

As I believe there must be similar need widespread over the community, please have a look and vote if you agree, so that this can be taken in the upcoming releases with priority.

Regards,
Jaewoong