Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Elavarasan Muthusamy <el...@unilogcorp.com> on 2015/05/20 20:01:59 UTC

Is it possible to invoke weblog thro' webservice

Hi,

We have requirement to show part of the blog on the home page of our website. We have installed Roller and configured. I am looking for some sort of webservice to call and get the weblog. Is it possible? If yes, please guide me.

Thanks and Regards,
Elavarasan Muthusamy (Elsan)
Lead Software Architect
Mobile: +1 (610) 203-3033  Work: +1 (484) 254-6623
Email:elavarasan.muthusamy@unilogcorp.com<mailto:elavarasan.muthusamy@unilogcorp.com?subject=Email>
Unilog Content Solutions LLC (http://www.unilogcorp.com)

DISCLAIMER: This communication (including any attachments) is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Is it possible to invoke weblog thro' webservice

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Greg's right, the RSS (or Atom) feed should be all you need to display blog
entries on some other side. A feed contains a list of the blog entries of a
blog in an XML format (see also http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/rss.html
and for RSS and https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287 for Atom).

Every Roller blog has both an RSS and an Atom feed, the URLs are in this
form

   http://<hostname>/<blog-handle>/feed/entries/rss
   http://<hostname>/<blog-handle>/feed/entries/atom

You can also get a feed for one specific category by adding a cat= query
parameter. For example, here is a feed of all my blog entries in category
"feeds":

    http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/feed/entries/atom?cat=feeds

Hope that helps.

- Dave