Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by AJ Chen <ca...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/10 23:10:23 UTC

fetch speed issue

Another observation: when the same size fetch list and same number of
threads were used, the fetcher started at different speed in different runs,
ranging from 200kb/s to 1200kb/s. I'm using DSL at home, so this variation
in downlaod speed could be due to the variation in DSL connection. If using
stable connections like T1 or fiber, I expect the fetcher should start at
the same spped. Could someone using T1 line or fiber connection verify that
the fetcher starts always at similar speed? Given large enough number of
threads, did your fetcher always reliably achieve the maximum speed, i.e.
using the full bandwidth of the connection?

Thanks,
AJ