Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Greg Liapis <li...@freemail.gr> on 2002/02/07 13:08:27 UTC

Please help a newbie

Hi all.
I am newbie to apache and linux and my question is probably silly.
I have installed apache1.3.22 in my system which runs redhat linux 7.1 and I haven't made any changes in the
configuration files. When I type localhost in my browser's address field everything goes fine and I can see the html pages I have created in /usr/local/apache_1.3.22/htdocs. When I connect to the internet via modem and get a dynamic IP address, I can also see the site I have created by typing
this IP address in the browser's address field.
The problem is that when I try to access my site from a remote computer with this IP address, nothing happens. Could you please help me?

Thank you very much

Greg Liapis
Greece

Sorry for my english

Re: Please help a newbie

Posted by Herb Stein <he...@herbstein.com>.
Posted by List Account <li...@wjcc.org>.
The default page you are seeing is located in /var/www/html/

-------

Re: Please help a newbie

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Re: Please help a newbie