Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2012/06/13 09:24:08 UTC

Re: Script to change repo layout from `{trunk,tags,branches}//proj/sub` to sub/`{trunk,tags,branches} ?

Ryan Schmidt wrote on Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 02:05:59 -0500:

> On Jun 13, 2012, at 01:22, Oliver Schrenk wrote:

> >> Of course: "svn mv" things to the way you want them to be.
> >
> > I should have been more clear in my question. I want to move the subprojects to another repo. But I guess the way to go is to move the sources in repo1 the way I need them and than somehow find I way to move them to another repo.
>
> Ah yes. In that case, along with the built-in "svnadmin dump", "svndumpfilter", and "svnadmin load", the separate "svndumptool" may be helpful to you. Their web site has been down for awhile; here's a mirror:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20101102200928/http://svn.borg.ch/svndumptool/

I thought the site came back up a couplf of weeks ago.  We can ping the
maintainer if needed.

To the original question, I'll mention svnmucc as a way to implement the
retreeing in one commit without a working copy of ^/ .

Re: Script to change repo layout from `{trunk,tags,branches}//proj/sub` to sub/`{trunk,tags,branches} ?

Posted by Oliver Schrenk <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into it.