Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Joseph Chiu <jo...@joechiu.com> on 2010/05/04 18:38:41 UTC

Applying HDFS-630 patch to hadoop-0.20.2 tarball release?

I am currently testing out a rollout of HBase 0.20.3 on top of Hadoop
0.20.2.  The HBase doc recommends HDFS-630 patch be applied.

I realize this is a newbieish question, but has anyone done this to the
tarball Hadoop-0.20.2 release?  Since this is a specific recommendation by
the HBase release, I think a "walk-through" would be quite useful for anyone
else similary coming up the Hadoop + HBase learning curve.

(I'm afraid I've been away from the Linux / DB / Systems world for far too
long, nearly a decade, and I've come back to work to a very changed
landscape.  But I digress...)

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Re: Applying HDFS-630 patch to hadoop-0.20.2 tarball release?

Posted by Joseph Chiu <jo...@joechiu.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Chiu <jo...@joechiu.com>.
Thanks Todd.    Where I really need help is to get up to speed on that
process of recompiling (and re-installing the build outputs) with ant.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Joseph,