Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Thomas <Jo...@ldra.com> on 2013/02/18 20:43:58 UTC

Confusion between old and new websites

Hello Xalan devs,

First let me applaud you for your project. I find it very useful, as does my company.

I do have a complaint, I find the website at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/ highly confusing because it does not indicate in any way that there is ongoing development at xalan.apache.org

For many google searches, including "xalan exslt", xml.apache.org/xalan-c comes up before xalan.apache.org

Would it be possible to add a notice pointing to the website for active development on xml.apache.org/xalan-c ?

With regards,
John Thomas

Re: Confusion between old and new websites

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
> Hello Xalan devs,
>
> First let me applaud you for your project. I find it very useful, as does
> my company.
>
> I do have a complaint, I find the website at
> http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/ highly confusing because it does not
> indicate in any way that there is ongoing development at xalan.apache.org
>
> For many google searches, including "xalan exslt", xml.apache.org/xalan-c
> comes up before xalan.apache.org
>
> Would it be possible to add a notice pointing to the website for active
> development on xml.apache.org/xalan-c ?
>
> With regards,
> John Thomas

The parent project "APACHE XML" has been retired.

The website http://xalan.apache.org is current for development. The
product version Xalan-C 1.11 has been released.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project