Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com> on 2015/04/18 20:53:36 UTC

Unable to load native-hadoop library

Hi,Regarding this warning
WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
It seems that the prebuild 32-bit binary is not compatible on the host's 64-bit architecture. Just want to know does it make sense? Is there any concern about the functionality? Regards,
Mahmood

RE: Unable to load native-hadoop library

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Mich Talebzadeh
Please mention which release you are using and how did you compile ( if you had complied or from where did you took the release )
bq: WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
This will come, when client did not find hadoop natives (hadoop.so,,) in class path....Please check ,whethere you have hadoop natives in classpath or not..?
Normally, Hadoop will load natives from ${HADOOP_HOME}/lib/native or java.library.path..

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:21:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Unable to load native-hadoop library
From: afsanjar@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

are you using ubuntu? if yes look at JIRA HADOOP-10988
No I believe it was something to do with compilation. It is only a warning However, you should consider using hdfs dfs as opposed to hadoop fs I guess someone realised that “hadoop” is the name of eco system (HDFS + MapReduce)  and hdfs is the actual file J which is more appropriate for a command syntax Mich Talebzadeh http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15", ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7. co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN 978-0-9759693-0-4Publications due shortly:Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and Coherence CacheOracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one out shortly NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility. From: Mahmood Naderan [mailto:nt_mahmood@yahoo.com]
Sent: 18 April 2015 19:54
To: User
Subject: Unable to load native-hadoop library Hi,Regarding this warning WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable It seems that the prebuild 32-bit binary is not compatible on the host's 64-bit architecture. Just want to know does it make sense? Is there any concern about the functionality? Regards,

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:21:01 -0500
From: afsanjar@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Sent: 18 April 2015 19:54
To: User

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:21:01 -0500
From: afsanjar@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Sent: 18 April 2015 19:54
To: User

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:21:01 -0500
From: afsanjar@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Sent: 18 April 2015 19:54
To: User

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

答复: Unable to load native-hadoop library

Posted by 麦树荣 <sh...@qunar.com>.
hi,

You can build native lib in your platform with maven:
mvn package -Pnative -DskipTests

Posted by 麦树荣 <sh...@qunar.com>.
hi,

Posted by 麦树荣 <sh...@qunar.com>.