Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sean Laval <se...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/05 23:24:29 UTC

java client for java 1.4 solr 2.0

can anyone offer any advice as to whether there is a java client that will work on java 1.4 against 2.0. Well I have seen various references to java a java clients but there doesn't seem to be one included in the solr 2.0 distribution. I think there is one intended for solr 3.0 but of course that is not released yet. In any case, I assume that would require java 5 and that would be undesirable from my perspective.

At this point I can't decide whether to write my own java client incorporating other apache software (http client, xerces, xalan etc) that deals with the http and xml interaction. If I develop such a client, it may be more aligned to my particular business problem - though it may not... it may be generic. Difficult to say at this points as I've not really done any deatiled design.

Thanks everyone.

Sean
Telly addicts unite!
http://www.searchgamesbox.com/tvtown.shtml

Re: java client for java 1.4 solr 2.0

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
All the official (and soon to be official) releases are java 1.5+

If you really need a 1.4 version, you are sort of on your own... but
check an early version of SOLR-20 -- i think from july 2006

ryan