Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/08/23 05:58:19 UTC

STDCXX-526: add locale thread safety tests

I've added STDCXX-526 to keep track of the task of adding the thread
safety tests that we (most recently Travis) have been working on to
help us keep track of our progress:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-526

Travis, unless you're working on all of them at the same time or plan
to submit them that way, can you please create a subtask for each
individual test (or batch of tests) that you're working on and plan
to submit separately.

Thanks
Martin

Re: STDCXX-526: add locale thread safety tests

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Travis Vitek wrote:
> So a quick question. I've got all of those sub-tasks created, and I've
> finished writing up the tests for a few of them. I'm wondering when it
> is appropriate to resolve the sub-tasks. Should I wait until the tests
> have been accepted, submitted, or until they have run on all platforms
> in nightly testing?

Good question. The point of the tasks is to create a record
of each work item and help keep track of the progress on each
for scheduling purposes.

None of the tasks is complete until the corresponding test has
been integrated into the test suite. Once that's done, I think
the task can be closed. I don't think it's necessary to wait
to see the test results.

Martin

Posted by Travis Vitek <tv...@quovadx.com>.