Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2007/03/10 21:48:40 UTC

How to publish s1?

There are three remaining steps to accomplish.
* Update main website pages
* Publish artifacts
* Release distribution

Niall is going to help with #1. Does anyone have directions on how to
accomplish the other 2?

Paul

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I deleted struts-current* from dist/struts

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 3/11/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Updating symbolic links isn't on the S2 distribution punchlist
>
> *
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/docs/creating-and-signing-a-distribution.html
>
> which means I haven't been doing it. (This list really, really,
> really, is exactly what I've been doing; no more, no less.)
>
> It also means that I don't know or remember what these links do or why
> we need them.

The 'current' links used to be required / recommended as part of the
mirroring strategy. I just went looking for the instructions that used to
tell us how to set them up, and discovered that this has changed, apparently
without notice. (At least I certainly don't remember being notified that the
mirroring requirements changed.) Now we are specifically being told to *not*
create symbolic links! In fact, the instructions seem to indicate that the
'current' links probably shouldn't be created any more.

http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html

So, you're probably doing it right after all, Ted. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

-Ted.

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to publish s1?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
> On 3/10/07, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> wrote:
> > There are three remaining steps to accomplish.
> > * Update main website pages
> > * Publish artifacts
> > * Release distribution
> >
> > Niall is going to help with #1. Does anyone have directions on how to
> > accomplish the other 2?
>
> Assuming you mean putting the artifacts in the Maven repo, you can
> copy them from the staging repo over to the same directory structure
> under people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository.
>
> (Copying breaks the repository metadata, but I'm not confident enough
> in the unreleased repositorytools project yet.)
>
> Publishing the release distribution is also a file copy, to the right
> place under www.apache.org/dist/struts.  In addition, you need to
> update the "current" links to point to the new version.  I can't
> remember whether you have to delete the old ones first, but it's
> ln -s [target] [link-name].

AFAIK you have to delete them:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html#7%20Update%20Release%20Directory

Re: How to publish s1?