Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Picard Francois <fr...@capco.com> on 2001/06/07 16:15:05 UTC

SOAP Interoperability question

Hi
Sorry for what might be a trivial question, but I can't find an answer on
the Net.

I'm relatively new to SOAP and download yesterday the Apache-SOAP and then
the MS-SOAP toolkit. They each have samples that work "in their own
environment" but what about across each other. After all interoperability is
one of the SOAP goals...
I'd like to see and show (with a demo to my colleagues) the interoperability
between the two, so I've in mind to have some MS client speaking to
Apache-SOAP (Java) server.
I read a lot in the last two days, but the MS (client) side relies on
WSDL/WSLM files (e.g MSSOAP.Soapclient.Init (WSDLFile URL, ..)) which has no
equivalent on the Apache, which just requires an envelope), so I'm stuck
here.

Is what I'm trying to do (MS->Apache interop.) possible and showable ?

If you do not have time to answer, could you point me to a good Web site or
address ?

Thanks a lot for any help
Francois

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com

Re: SOAP Interoperability question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Have a look at the interoperability information in the Apache SOAP 2.2 User
Guide.

Scott

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Please see the docs - user's guide -> interoperability. There's a lot
of info there.

Sanjiva.