Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <rj...@apache.org> on 2007/07/26 10:14:13 UTC

Quality check mod_jk 1.2.24-dev

Hi all,

The next version of mod_jk is approaching its release. A code snapshot
(revision 59730) is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/

It is in the same format as a release download, so easy to build.
Under the same URL you can find the updated documentation.

It would be nice, if we could get some testing feedback from the
community. Feel free to post any observations.

Depending on your feedback we plan to tag the release at the end of the
week.

The most important changes are:

Features/Improvements
---------------------

- performance improvement in connection checking
- handle correctly up- and downloads bigger than 2GB
- Web servers: new default mode "ForwardURIProxy" for encoding the
forwarding URL. Combines safety and interoperability with mod_rewrite
and URL session encoding
- Security: new option RejectUnsafeURI resp. reject_unsafe to harden
against possibly malicious URLs
- Load Balancer: add configuration item max_reply_timeouts, to make lb
tolerant against occasional reply timeouts. Fully managed by status worker.
- Status Worker: rename worker status names by using OK/substatus and
ERR/substatus. Especially use OK/IDLE instead of N/A. Only display
change, no functional change.
- new recovery options for recovering idempotent HTTP methods HEAD and GET.
- Logging: milli- or microseconds timestamp

Fixes
-----

- always build with thread support, unless flag --enable-prefork is set
during for configure. Fixes builds on some platforms, e.g. AIX and Mac OS X.
- fixed a deadlock in lb worker, which was exposed on Solaris for
threaded Apache MPMs.
- interoperability with mod_rewrite
- various fixes for Apache on iSeries

Docs
----

- new HowTo about our various timeout settings
- correct documentation for worker attributes retries and
recovery_options and their meaning w.r.t the different worker types.
- clarify relation between worker names and jvmRoute for load balancing.
- IIS: Document auth_complete and uri_select.
- add comments on iSeries builds.

The full change log is available under:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/docs/miscellaneous/changelog.html

Thanks for your valuable time!

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Quality check mod_jk 1.2.24-dev

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Works for me :

- Linux PowerPC (Suse SLES9), Apache 2.0.59

- Linux x86 (Suse SLES10), Apache 2.2.3

- i5/OS V5R4M0, Apache 2.0.59