Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@levelseas.com> on 2001/12/10 12:40:28 UTC

HttpClient

Hi,

we're using the HttpClient and btw - v cool, saves much time wasting.  We're
using the client to communicate with a silverstream server.  Unfortunately
silverstream has a bug in how it deals with Http1.1 so we needed to force
the GetMethod use http1.0.  The only problem with this is that the method in
HttpMethodBase setHttp11(boolean http11) is protected.

just a few questions - is there any reason why this method should not be
public.  If the setHttp11 is to remain protected is the best solution be to
extend GetMethod, overriding the setHttp11 method with a public
implementation that simply calls the method in HttpMethodBase?

Thanks
Nathan

the system manager.

MIMEsweeper at LevelSeas for the presence of computer viruses.