Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Collins Solutions <Co...@austin.rr.com> on 2013/11/11 16:38:40 UTC

Maven Site Plugin 3.1

I am trying to use the maven site plugin 3.1 and I get this error:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site (default-site) on
project acc-eao: Execution default-site of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site failed: A required
class was missing while executing
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site:
org.sonatype.aether.graph.DependencyFilter

I am not trying to use sonatype at the moment.  My site plugin
configuration looks like this:

             <plugin>
                 <version>3.1</version>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>attach-descriptor</id>
                         <goals>
<goal>attach-descriptor</goal>
                         </goals>
                     </execution>
                 </executions>
             </plugin>

  <profiles>
         <profile>
             <id>full</id>
             <reporting>
                 <plugins>
                     <!-- Java Documentation -->
                     <plugin>
<version>${javadoc.version}</version>
                     </plugin>
                 </plugins>
             </reporting>
         </profile>
     </profiles>

I have been having various other issues with the site plugin that I was
not having with version 2.x.  One question that I have is, is it
required to have a site.xml file now?  Before, i did not need to include
any site configuration to get a site generated however, that
configuration (or lack thereof) did not work with version 3.1.

Re: Maven Site Plugin 3.1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I suppose you're using Maven 3.1.x

you should read
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound then
upgrade plugins versions accordingly

or use Maven 3.0.x

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Maven Site Plugin 3.1

Posted by Collins Solutions <Co...@austin.rr.com>.
Thank you for your responses.  I have upgraded the site plugin to 3.3
and it appears to have cleared up the initial error.  Now I am getting
this response

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) on
project acc-eao: SiteToolException: The site descriptor cannot be
resolved from the repository: ArtifactResolutionException: Unable to
locate site descriptor:

Going back to my last question, I never had to use a site descriptor
before.  How do I get past this requirement?  Do i have to create a
site.xml file?  If so, where do I put it and what does a basic file look
like?  I have looked at the documentation that is online but it is
lacking in some of the information.

RE: Maven Site Plugin 3.1

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Tom