Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2016/06/09 08:36:07 UTC

Language in Demos

Hi,

Jenni, from ilscipio, suggested that <<we might want to add a big button: "switch language to" on the start page of the admin pages. It is currently
Chinese and I would have no idea where to switch the settings>>

Currently when you get to the demos through the official links from http://ofbiz.apache.org/ you arrive on the main catalogue page, already logged in.
So, for most of us, you indeed can't read the logout link at top right (or bottom right depending on theme) if it's in a non occidental language, like
Chinese, Arab, you name it...

Any ideas how we could handle that? I though about adding language links in the site main page for the stable and old demos, but that would not work
for the trunk. Another possibility is to handle it in OFBiz itself, but I don't like much this idea: you would need to maintain a list of non
occidental languages and it's does not make much sense in an enterprise day to day business.

Thanks for your ideas

Jacques

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nereide.fr>.

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nereide.fr>.

On 10/06/2016 09:04, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Le 10/06/2016 � 07:52, Deepak Dixit a �crit :
>> I messed up answer, Here is my answer:
>>
>> I think we can add locale drop -down on login form.
>
> If you come from the site main page (that's the official way, you
> might also copy the link somewhere, I do that: one redirection less),
> you don't see the login page. Anyway on the login page there is a link
> to languages ;)
>
>> During login we can
>> select language default will be en. We have locale field in user login
>> entity we can set locale.
>
> Mmm, we want that only for demos... Out of demos, people will prefer
> that to depend on their user pref.
I agree with Jacques, it's just a demo issue and user don't need it each
time

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks Jacques, Make sense.

main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y&newLocale=en

+1 it looks good to me.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Jacques Le Roux <

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I messed up answer, Here is my answer:

I think we can add locale drop -down on login form.  During login we can

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nereide.fr>.
+1

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Same idea,

we can force admin on english and create dedicate admin for other language.

Nicolas

Le 09/06/2016 13:53, Pierre Smits a �crit :

Re: Language in Demos

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.