Posted to community@apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2004/01/16 11:50:09 UTC

webbit 2004

Hi,

This is mainly for the Apache folks who reside in Italy.

I would like to know if anyone else is going to be at the webbit this
year.  It's a fun couple of days, and I can guarantee that if we had
an Apache presence there, it would be quite popular.  We need to start
organizing it now though, if we want to participate.

http://www.webbitcon.org/

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> Dirk's right about flights - volareweb.it has quite a few, and ryanair
> goes to Treviso, which isn't too far from Padova.

And virgin express does Milanno these days.

Dw.

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

El viernes, 16 ener, 2004, a las 14:54 Europe/Madrid, David N. Welton
escribió:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> writes:
>
>>> Cool, I'm interested (I live in Crema [1]).
>
>> I think we have enough mass - who takes an action to contact the
>> organizers to make knwon that we want to gatecrash their party /
>
>> (And for the non italians - there are shitloads of cheap flights
>> into Milano and Venice these days (Padova is right next to Venice,
>> near Verona and Vicenca - 20mins by train, 2 hours from Milano, all
>> trains will stop there).

Don't tempt me: If we are organizing an apachehack there, I could well
look for a plane from Madrid to Milano. Is it in may finally?

But then you should come to a party in the East of Spain, less than 200
meters from the beach, later in August. I'll give details as we get
closer to the dates.

> Ok, here's the deal:
>
> Last year, the layout was like so:
>
> One room full of company booths, and one room full of "organizations",
> which ranged from Debian to things like "mammeonline" or "belluno
> linux users".

> Some of the groups were just there to hang out with one another, enjoy
> the connectivity, and geek out for a few days.  If we want to do that,
> no problem.  If we wanted to have a more serious "presence", I think
> some talking to the organizers might be in the cards - something I
> think I'll do anyway, to suggest that there at least be a separation
> of some form between those groups that just want to hang out, and
> those that want to present something to the public.
>
> Dirk's right about flights - volareweb.it has quite a few, and ryanair
> goes to Treviso, which isn't too far from Padova.
>
> For people really interested in getting into the spirit of things, you
> can bring a sleeping bag/pad and 'camp out' there - they have showers,
> food and such.  I will probably have space for one or two people to
> crash at my place in Padova.

Similar to the one I'm quoting, or to the "hackmeeting", here in
Madrid, which uses to be around October

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> Cool, I'm interested (I live in Crema [1]).

I think we have enough mass - who takes an action to contact the
organizers to make knwon that we want to gatecrash their party /

(And for the non italians - there are shitloads of cheap flights into
Milano and Venice these days (Padova is right next to Venice, near Verona
and Vicenca - 20mins by train, 2 hours from Milano, all trains will stop
there).

Dw

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> writes:

> David N. Welton wrote:

> > This is mainly for the Apache folks who reside in Italy.  I would
> > like to know if anyone else is going to be at the webbit this
> > year.  It's a fun couple of days, and I can guarantee that if we
> > had an Apache presence there, it would be quite popular.  We need
> > to start organizing it now though, if we want to participate.

> Cool, I'm interested (I live in Crema [1]).

Home of Beppe Severgnini... cool.

> Which one, this one:

>   Padova 6-7-8- Maggio 2004 ?

This was the original, and is still as far as I know the most
important.  I could do Milano too, but I don't know anything about
what will be going on there...  and I live in Padova, so that's the
most convenient:-)

> http://www.webbitcon.org/article/articleview/1005/

Ciao,

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David N. Welton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is mainly for the Apache folks who reside in Italy.
>
> I would like to know if anyone else is going to be at the webbit this
> year.  It's a fun couple of days, and I can guarantee that if we had
> an Apache presence there, it would be quite popular.  We need to start
> organizing it now though, if we want to participate.

Cool, I'm interested (I live in Crema [1]).

Which one, this one:

  Padova 6-7-8- Maggio 2004 ?

http://www.webbitcon.org/article/articleview/1005/

> http://www.webbitcon.org/

[1] see nicolaken @ http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkx/sgala.html

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
Kill the webbit, kill the webbit!

geir@4quarters.com

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, David N. Welton wrote:

> This is mainly for the Apache folks who reside in Italy.
>
> I would like to know if anyone else is going to be at the webbit this
> year.  It's a fun couple of days, and I can guarantee that if we had
> an Apache presence there, it would be quite popular.  We need to start
> organizing it now though, if we want to participate.
>
> http://www.webbitcon.org/

Sounds like fun !

Dw.

Re: webbit 2004

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
David N. Welton wrote:
> This is mainly for the Apache folks who reside in Italy.
>
> I would like to know if anyone else is going to be at the webbit this
> year.  It's a fun couple of days, and I can guarantee that if we had
> an Apache presence there, it would be quite popular.  We need to start
> organizing it now though, if we want to participate.
>
> http://www.webbitcon.org/

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm slowly catching up with *a lot* of
stuff. Anyway, I've been at webb.it for the past three years, and it
would be great indeed to have some "official" Apache presence. I have a
group of friends well connected with the organization, so if you want me
to help out, I'm here. But let's hurry: deadline for submissions is
early February, so we should move on.

I think that the first thing to understand is whether we'll have enough
people to "man the booth" (even if it's not a booth in the traditional
sense): I'm afraid I will be able to stay for just one day), what about
others? I guess we need at least 5-6 volunteers first...

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)