Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by hesl <na...@12b3.com> on 2010/09/10 14:11:28 UTC

Jars from WEB-INF/lib in war file

Hi there,

We are working with RAD 7.5.3 and have the following problem:

Our web project has no WEB-INF/lib folder.

After Maven has successfully build a war file, it also creates a WEB-INF/lib
folder with all the jars from the pom.xml.

Now we exclude a jar using either scope provided or exclusions in the
dependency.

On the next build the jar is still in the war file!

Only after removing the WEB-INF/lib folder it is also removed from the
generated war?!

Please advice...

Re: Obsolete jars from WEB-INF/lib end up in war file

Posted by hesl <na...@12b3.com>.
The current workaround:
<plugin>
	<artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<filesets>
			<fileset>
				<directory>WebContent/WEB-INF/lib</directory>
			</fileset>
		</filesets>
	</configuration>
</plugin>