Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sabino Calo' <cl...@yahoo.it> on 2008/12/17 10:15:40 UTC

SambaLMpassword and SambaNTPassword

Dear sirs,
is there a method to input data through a wizard in the attributes SambaLMpassword and SambaNTpassword?
That attributes are usually valued as an MD4 hash but without a wizard in Directory Studio I have to encode the hash in an external way.
I suggest a wizard like that for the userPassword attribute.

What do you think?

Yours Faithfully,
Sabino

Re: SambaLMpassword and SambaNTPassword

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Sabino,

Quoting Sabino Calo' <cl...@yahoo.it>:

> is there a method to input data through a wizard in the attributes
> SambaLMpassword and SambaNTpassword?

Not yet.

> That attributes are usually valued as an MD4 hash but without a
> wizard in Directory Studio I have to encode the hash in an external
> way.
> I suggest a wizard like that for the userPassword attribute.

Sure, makes sense to add a value editor for these attributes or to add
MD4 to the existing password editor.

Could you please add a new feature request to our Jira?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO

Thanks,
Stefan