Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 08:32:27 UTC

can not enable snapshot function on hbase 0.94.6

hi,maillist :
         i installed CDH4.4 with hbase version 0.94.6 ,(no cloudera manager
involved) but when i test snapshot function ,i get error like this
 ,acturally , i add the following info into my
/etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml (each node) ,and restart hbase cluster,still
same error,anyone know why?

<property>
        <name>hbase.snapshot.enabled</name>
        <value>true</value>
</property>

hbase(main):002:0> snapshot 'demo','demo_2014'

ERROR: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: To use snapshots, You must add to
the hbase-site.xml of the HBase Master: 'hbase.snapshot.enabled' property
with value 'true'.
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.snapshot(HMaster.java:2008)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:320)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1428)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: To use snapshots, You
must add to the hbase-site.xml of the HBase Master:
'hbase.snapshot.enabled' property with value 'true'.
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.snapshot.SnapshotManager.checkSnapshotSupport(SnapshotManager.java:890)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.snapshot(HMaster.java:2006)
        ... 6 more

Here is some help for this command:
Take a snapshot of specified table. Examples:

  hbase> snapshot 'sourceTable', 'snapshotName'

Re: can not enable snapshot function on hbase 0.94.6

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Did you restart HMaster? You can check the master's runtime conf at
<master-webui>/conf and that should show this config.

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: can not enable snapshot function on hbase 0.94.6

Posted by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ashish singhi <as...@huawei.com>.
[...]

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: To use snapshots, You must add to the hbase-site.xml of the HBase Master: