Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Jaquelynn.T" <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/20 19:42:43 UTC

Re: entity-extend or create a new entity

Hi Lyyas,

In my opinion, the best way to solve this problem is to make sure that you
have a working Master Product Cost.
If you already have a wrong Product Cost because of the wrong data input in
the Inventory Item, then the Inventory Item is of no good use. You should
make sure you correct all the data first, as this is the main root of your
problem.
Still using it will give you a bigger problem in the future, and it is also
not the customer's fault since the cost there is not correct. That way the
customer will put in the value just like what it is written there.
Extending the product line will cause more trouble in the future.
What you should do is try to filter down and set aside the ones that has
wrong input. And correct it.
Or reset the whole data and create a new one which is satisfactory and will
not cause anymore trouble in the future.
When you are making a new one make sure that it is easy to use and easy to
understand for the whole employee and customer.

Best Regards,

Jaquelynn.T

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

if prices are changed, they are kept the price change enitiy
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ProductPriceChange&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
so you can revert if a price is changed mistakenly

BJ Freeman sent the following on 1/20/2009 10:58 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.