Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prabhu Hari Dhanapal <dr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 07:28:25 UTC

Any Way to SSH to a remote Hadoop Machine

Hi,

I have been having  lot of problems installing  hadoop on my system and I
finally gave up.I was just wondering if I could SSH to a remote hadoop
cluster that is open for developers to practice on ? Is there anything
provided  by cloudera ? Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.
--
Hari

Re: Any Way to SSH to a remote Hadoop Machine

Posted by Nitesh Bhatia <ni...@gmail.com>.
Just for experimental purpose you can setup 2 virtual machine on same host..
All you need to do it to install linux (Fed/Ubu) on 1 virtual machine using
Vmware/Xen/Virtualbox and configure hadoop either using Cloudera's Hadoop or
Apache Hadoop. Once its configured make your Current system on which you are
running this machine as Master and make this virtual machine its slave. Now
all you need to do is to copy-paste same virtual machine and add it to
vmware. Depending on your RAM / CPU Capacity you can work on any number of
machines. I believe it will solve your purpose.

If you are in college, I think its a positive thing for you. Since hadoop
does not require any high configuration servers, you can setup hadoop in
labs. All you need is a decent configuration PC with a linux :)

--nitesh

--
Nitesh Bhatia

"Life is never perfect. It just depends where you draw the line."

http://www.linkedin.com/in/niteshbhatia
http://www.twitter.com/niteshbhatia

Re: Any Way to SSH to a remote Hadoop Machine

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Prabhu,

Posted by Tim Robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prabhu Hari Dhanapal <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prabhu Hari Dhanapal <dr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  Jeff !! But , is there a  public or open  cluster I could register
and get acess to ?
or any training cluster thats already setup which i could use?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.