Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Zacarias <zm...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 17:49:50 UTC

Exposing AS400 services

Yes, I have to conect to an AS400.
I' m proposing to make a service architecture like

*Consumer --> HTTPBC -->  Some component to map the message gathered -->
JMSBC --> AS400 (by MQSeries)*

My question is how can I convert a plain text, which comes from AS400, to a
bean  to be transported to the consumer . What component should I use or
should I create a new one.

Thanks, regards.

Re: Exposing AS400 services

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Zacarias,

If the only goal of your intermediate component is mapping the XML
message to a positional plain text format, you can leave it out and use
a Marshaler on the JMS endpoint instead.  Have a look at
http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-jms-new-endpoints.html first.
The page only mentions the JmsConsumerMarshaler interface, but a similar
one also exists for provider endpoint. You would have develop a class
that implements the Marshaler interface (basically just a few methods
that allow you to populate a JMS Message based on a JBI MessageExchange
or the other way around) and you can plug it into the JMS endpoint to
make it support plain text messages.

If you also need the intermediate Beans for other purposes, you might
want to take a look at Apache Camel.  If you connect your HTTPBC to a
Camel SU, you can handle the rest of the flow in Camel -- Camel would
make it easier to handle non-normalized (read: non XML) messages (such
as beans and plain text strings) and it too can connect to WebSphere MQ.

Gert

P.S. It's great to see more people using ServiceMix in combination with
an AS/400 ;)