Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 08:49:52 UTC

Flex unit 4.2.0

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone on here will have the answers for not. I wanted to have a
look at the apache release of Flex unit (4.2.0). Weirdly
blogs.apache.org/flex wont currently resolved for me.

Does anyone know if this build of Flex unit is like the first build of
Apache Flex (EG its pretty much the same but it's been built via Apaches
tool change and tried to decouple none propriety stuff Adobe didn't
donate?). EG it's the same but not..

Is there a nice change log somewhere? Or any fixed bugs or new features? (PS
I don't/haven't noticed any bugs with the last release of Flex unit from
Adobe anyhow)

Thanks in advance

Mark

RE: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh yes it appears I'm blind. If anyone else wants to see the release notes:
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/rsync.apache.org/flex/flexunit/4.2.0/RELEASE_NO
TES

It quite clear on the flex website, not quite sure how I missed it.

I'll switch over from the Flash builders in built Flex unit today and see
how I get on.

Thanks

Mark

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
By the way ... It's not actually trivial to find where to get the Apache FlexUnit sources from.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to add that to the http://flex.apache.org/dev-sourcecode.html page

Chris

>> If you are all ok with this I would like to volunteer to handle maven
>>deployment tasks as this does fit quite nicely into my area of
>>involvement ;-)

If I can help with anything let me know, else please do this :)

RE: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Re: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Go for it Chris!

Re: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

AW: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well having a look at the template it certainly needs adjusting, as the scm section references the old flexunig github repo ... this should be changed to the apache flexunit one.
There will probably be a set of other things to change, but I'll have a look at this as soon as I'm home from work.

Thanks for the links ... especially the second I didn't know yet ... so I would get working on this ... after all I'm currently refactoring the mavenizer to produce FDKs we could publish there too. So this would be a good test-run ;-) If you are all ok with this I would like to volunteer to handle maven deployment tasks as this does fit quite nicely into my area of involvement ;-)

Chris

> Ok, so I'll add this to my todo ... so I would assume if I checkout the release revision and build that, I would have some pom files generated.

Looks line ant -f utils.xml does that for you. This has not been tested, but probably should of been.

> Is that Ok for me to do, or does there need to be some sort of vote on this?
I'm out of my depth here but I think we been to publish to https://repository.apache.org/ and that is mirrored in several repos.

This should help:
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Justin

Re: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

AW: Flex unit 4.2.0

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok, so I'll add this to my todo ... so I would assume if I checkout the release revision and build that, I would have some pom files generated. I would manually adjust these to the GroupId and version 4.2.0 (I like 3-segment versions too) and would deploy this to sonatype and have that mirrored to maven central?

Is that Ok for me to do, or does there need to be some sort of vote on this?

I would then update to trunk and update the pom template to generate the correct pom files in future releases.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Oh ... just saw that it is built using ANT ... I couldn't find any pom.xml files in it.
Quess I had to manually write the poms the last time I deployed them :-(
Well I guess it would be a good idea to do so. I would fefinitely volunteer to deploy
FlexUnit as this would make using it in Flexmojos a lot easier :-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Have the libs actually been released to Maven Central yet? All I can see is 4.2-beta.

Has the Maven goupId been changed to org.apache.something?

As I mentioned in the dev-list. I would be glad to help push the release to maven central as I still have the karma to do so.

Chris

> Does anyone know if this build of Flex unit is like the first build of
> Apache Flex

There's only a few minor changes:
- Automated sonatype OSS deployment of the Apache Flex (FlexUnit) artifacts
- Implemented the url property in FlexUnit Ant task to allow use of remote swfs

It is also compiled against Apache FLex 4.12 and runs noticeably faster. I not measured it and it may of course depend on your tests.

> Is there a nice change log somewhere? Or any fixed bugs or new features?
Yes in the RELEASE_NOTES.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex unit 4.2.0