Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2000/10/23 18:46:42 UTC

Masking

Hi all,

   I'm looking for direction here.

   I've written the filter side of the Mask operation, now I'm looking
at how to tie it into the Bridge stuff.  What isn't clear to me is
how I look up my source Graphics Node.

   It doesn't appear that anyone registers GraphicsNodes as they are
created (ie. there is no way to look up a GraphicsNode via its SVG
'id').  I need this for the Mask operation since the mask is defined
by the 'g' element it references.

   Am I correct that there is currently no way to look up a
GraphicsNode via it's 'id'?  I see that I can get it's DOM Element
from the Document (I think) but I would have to recreate the subtree
to use that, which I would rather not do (incidentally this appears to
be what is currently done for filter chains which probably should be
improved).

   So am I missing something?

   Any ideas on where to add this?

   Thanks for any help...