Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2005/10/19 00:01:19 UTC

converting m1 style repos to m2

Hi,

Over at cocoon, we use the apache repository [1] for a lot of our libs
during the m2 build process. This is an m1 type repository, meaning that
we get a lot of these during a build/package/whatever execution :

[WARNING] POM for:
'excalibur-sourceresolve:excalibur-sourceresolve:pom:2.1' does not
appear to be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolution.

Reason: Invalid POM (not v4.0.0 modelVersion)

Is there any way to switch off this warning? They clutter the output
window, making it difficult for a novice to find out what is really
going on/wrong.

Related to this:
1) do we benefit from transitive dependencies if m1 poms are used in m2?
I guess not, just wanted to be sure
2) what is involved in converting an m1 repo to the m2 layout? Is this a
manual process or do you guys have some scripts available to assist in
this?

Regards
Jorg Heymans

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/

Re: converting m1 style repos to m2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/21/05, Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> wrote:
> ok, so the directory structure is converted, but not the poms right?

A stab is taken at converting the poms too, if they existed.

- Brett

Re: converting m1 style repos to m2

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Brett Porter wrote:

> You shouldn't be using that repository - infra would like to not incur
> that load/bandwidth on the box.

noted.

> It is automatically synced to ibiblio, and converted to m2 format.

ok, so the directory structure is converted, but not the poms right?

> I agree the error is too verbose - perhaps you could record it in JIRA?

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1276

Thanks
Jorg

Re: converting m1 style repos to m2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You shouldn't be using that repository - infra would like to not incur
that load/bandwidth on the box.

It is automatically synced to ibiblio, and converted to m2 format.

for 1): using an m1 repo will disable transitive deps as it can't read m1 poms
for 2): we have a tool to do it. We're working on documenting and releasing it.

I agree the error is too verbose - perhaps you could record it in JIRA?

Thanks,
Brett