Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/14 18:06:56 UTC

Towards the first Apache Jena release...

Hi,
the SVN Jena2 repo contains these:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/

 - ARQ
 - Eyeball
 - Fuseki
 - IRI
 - JenaTop
 - Joseki
 - LARQ
 - SDB
 - TDB
 - jena

We are publishing (for testing) these SNAPSHOTs:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/

 - jena-arq
 - jena-core
 - jena-iri
 - jena-larq
 - jena-sdb
 - jena-tdb
 - jena-top

In relation to our first Apache Jena release, I am unclear whether we need
an additional jena-dist|JenaDist/JenaAll? module/directory in SVN. I imagine
it will not have code in it (or it should have command line utils in it?), so
maybe we can do it with assemblies/profiles in "jena" (i.e. jena-core).
However, I suspect, if we want to aggregate Jena, ARQ, (LARQ?), (TDB?), it
might be easier to do so as a separate jena-dist.

Also, I am not sure about Eyeball, Fuseki and Joseki.

Will Eyeball be included in the first Apache Jena release?
If so, do we need to publish SNAPSHOTs for it?

Same/similar questions for Joseki and Fuseki.

These, as well as command line tools, are quite different from libraries and
I am unclear what has been decided to do for these in relation to the first
Apache Jena release.

Should we have a JIRA issue (maybe with subtasks) for documenting and tracking
progress towards the first Apache Jena release?

I am asking these questions, because I want to help on this.

Thanks,
Paolo