Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Magnus Berg <ma...@ibitec.se> on 2002/10/10 09:57:18 UTC

MySQL as contentstore

Hi

I tried to use MySQL as contentstore via JDBCContentStore but I was unable to store files larger than 1MB. I got a "com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException" from the MySQL JDBC driver. It's easy enough to increase that buffer size, (the max_allowed_packet variable in MySQL), to something bigger but either way, you can't get a file through that is larger than that buffer.

Shouldn't I use JDBCContentStore as contentstore? If I use FileContentStore it works ok. But it seems you're missing the point of using a database if you can't really use the database all the way?

	Magnus