Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Rob Bradley <ro...@ttlco.com> on 2009/08/24 18:06:56 UTC

Capturing Text in a Location

Hello all,

When I use a PDFTextStripperByArea, it appears to only capture text that starts within the bounds.  Not text that flows into it.

Am I doing something wrong?

For example, if I add some text on a page that starts at 100,100 that extends well over 200 points then save and close the document.  Next if I reload the document and try to capture the text at 150,100,50,10 it returns nothing.  But if I capture text at 100,100,50,10 it gets the text.

            PDFTextStripperByArea pdfGetText = new PDFTextStripperByArea();
            pdfGetText.addRegion("Example", new java.awt.Rectangle(150, 100, 50, 10));
            pdfGetText.extractRegions(pdfPage);
            String sValue = pdfGetText.getTextForRegion("Example");

Thanks
Rob Bradley