Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Claude Vedovini <cl...@vedovini.net> on 2009/04/03 11:15:05 UTC

"OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" when running on jBoss

Hi all,

I am running Sling under jBoss and I am not able to keep the server
alive for more than 10mn (30s when using a webdav client) because I
get "OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" errors, even tho the max heap
size is set to be at 2Go.

I searched through the mailing-list archives but the only results are
related to the building of Sling.
On Google, results are suggesting issues with webapp reloading
features, but that's not happening here.

Any hint?

Thanks,
Claude Vedovini
---
Software Consulting & Development
+41 78 617 86 98
http://vedovini.net/
http://www.dita-op.org/

Re: "OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" when running on jBoss

Posted by Claude Vedovini <cl...@gmail.com>.
> Claude Vedovini schrieb:
>> This option does not appear in my VM's help (java -X) but I will give it a try!
>
> Its an extended option, which is so extended, that it does not even
> appear on -X ;-)

Hence the double X I guess...
It seems to be working fine now (no failure since 30min) but I am
going to let it run on its own for a while :)

>> By the way, do you know where I can find what is the available context
>> in a script, beyond "currentNode"?
>
> Have a look on our wiki at [1] (this page should probably go to the main
> site...)
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/scripting-variables.html

I should have found that myself, sorry.
I must admit that once I have been crawling in the docs for 2 or 3
days, not finding what I am looking for, I start to ignore it
altogether :(

one last question, about sling.home...
what is my best option here (in a container) to configure it to the
folder I want?
This page http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/configuration.html leaves me
with little hope beyond manually tweaking the jar...

Re: "OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" when running on jBoss

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claude,

Posted by Claude Vedovini <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Max,