Posted to user@struts.apache.org by siva <si...@ivycomptech.com> on 2006/01/24 12:42:08 UTC

Doubt in Struts Framework

Hello,

I am beginner with struts framework. I have doubt regarding forwarding
between to page that is having same form but different actions.

In the first page there is a form, in which user can edit some value. In
this form im having an indexed property. After he hits submit. I am doing
the processing based on the form that is available.

And the servlet request has parameters (checked property of the form) which
are this form specific.

Then, I am forwarding to another action that has the same form, Here,
ActionServlet, tries to initialize the form using the same parameters that
are present in the servlet request with the newly created form. Here, as the
form doesn't hav corresponding indexes, I am getting exception while
accessing the new form from the action servlet.

Is there a way to specify don't set the form value while forwarding.

And also im not able to understand how to manipulate the scope attribute of
the formbean and action bean.

Any inputs for this kind of problem would be a of great help

Thanks,

Siva