Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 15:28:56 UTC

gmaven plugin compile order

I  recently started using groovy.My maven project  has both groovy and java
files.
I have compiler plugin to compile my java files

<plugin>
  <version>2.0.2</version>
  <configuration>
                            <source>1.6</source>
                            <target>1.6</target>
                            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
  </configuration>
  </plugin>

I also added gmaven plugin to compile groovy code

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven</groupId>
  <artifactId>gmaven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.2</version>
  <executions>
  <execution>
                           <goals>
                             <goal>compile</goal>
                           </goals>
                           <configuration>
                                <sources>
                                    <fileset>

<directory>${pom.basedir}/src/main/java</directory>
                                        <includes>
                                            <include>**/*.groovy</include>
                                        </includes>
                                    </fileset>
                                </sources>
                           </configuration>
          </execution>
  </executions>
  <configuration>
  <providerSelection>1.7</providerSelection>
                        <debug>false</debug>
                        <verbose>true</verbose>
                        <stacktrace>true</stacktrace>

<defaultScriptExtension>.groovy</defaultScriptExtension>
  </configuration>
  <dependencies>
                 	<dependency>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven.runtime</groupId>
                            <artifactId>gmaven-runtime-1.7</artifactId>
                            <version>1.2</version>
                            <exclusions>
                              <exclusion>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
                                <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>
                              </exclusion>
                            </exclusions>
                  </dependency>
                    <dependency>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
                            <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>
                            <version>1.7.0</version>
                   </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </plugin>

most of  my groovy classes are implemetation classes not direct classes , so
I refer to these classes   using their interface.

I never has any problem with maven and gmaven plugin.
Now I added a class written in groovy this class does not implement any
interface so I have to use its classname to refer in other classes.
Then the problem came up java compiler cannot find clases written in groovy
for which java compiler failes,so please suggest me how   to have classes in
groovy as well as java and  the compiler to work for both  ?