Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> on 2014/09/01 01:16:06 UTC

Re: LGPL unit test dependencies - can we use them?

On 30/08/2014 11:28pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Aug 30, 2014, at 3:48 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If it is directly referenced by our tests,
>
> It is.
>
>> then I would say we should
>> not have this as a dependency, since any code that references it is
>> now polluted by the viral nature of LGPL.
>
> Ok. I guess we’ll need to find a replacement.

Without looking at your exact usage, perhaps this would be what you are after: https://github.com/mguymon/model-citizen  That's based on a Rails library factory_girl which is used in about every Rails project I've ever seen or worked on.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis