Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/23 04:31:46 UTC

Maven Source filtering issue

I want to be able to interpolate ${pom.version} in Java source code before
compilation. How can I do this (Eclipse IDE)?

I see that there is a simple way to turn on resource filtering, but that
does not appear to be applicable to source code.

I also see that the process-sources phase is where source filtering should
be done, but I can find no description of how to do this.

What am I missing?

thanks in advance, Dmitry

www.ejinz.com Search Engine

Re: Maven Source filtering issue

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry wrote:
> I want to be able to interpolate ${pom.version} in Java source code
> before compilation. How can I do this (Eclipse IDE)?
>
> I see that there is a simple way to turn on resource filtering, but that
> does not appear to be applicable to source code.
>
> I also see that the process-sources phase is where source filtering
> should be done, but I can find no description of how to do this.
>
> What am I missing?

I have used maven-antrun-plugin for this kind of thing - for an example,
see my earlier post from today entitled "Re: Generate Version class".

Steve