Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com> on 2010/05/17 21:45:45 UTC

Server Mail Forward/RestrictedRelay

Hi,

As far as I understand, james current trunk considers that smtp
authentication is needed for mails not being in its domains list (I use
JDBCDomainList, so domains not being in database).

This avoids to expose james as openrelay by default even if
<authRequired>true</authRequired> remains commented in smptserver.xml.

Now I need to split domain management in 2 separate servers (different
SLA), let's say James1 and James2.

I would define in James1 all James1+James2 domains.

In James1 spoolmanager.xml, I would comment the
<mailet match="HostIsLocal" class="ToProcessor">
<processor> local-address-error </processor>
<notice>550 - Requested action not taken: no such user here</notice>
</mailet>

and would define
<mail.smtp.localhost>James2<mail.smtp.localhost>

to forward all permitted mails not handled by James1 to James2.

Do this make sense?

Tks,

Eric

Re: Server Mail Forward/RestrictedRelay

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

sorry for the delay....

Just add the domains to domain configuration on both servers and use a
matcher to "forward" the mails to the other server.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi Norman,

I tried this config :

<mailet match="RecipientIsRegex=.*@domain.be" class="ToProcessor">
<processor>domainprocessor</processor>
</mailet>
<processor name="domainprocessor">

<mailet match="All" class="ActiveMQRemoteDelivery">
<outgoingQueue> outgoing2</outgoingQueue>
<outgoingRetryQueue> outgoing2.retry</outgoingRetryQueue>
<delayTime>  5 minutes </delayTime>
<delayTime> 10 minutes </delayTime>
<delayTime> 45 minutes </delayTime>
<delayTime>  2 hours </delayTime>
<delayTime>  3 hours </delayTime>
<delayTime>  6 hours </delayTime>
<maxRetries> 25 </maxRetries>

<maxDnsProblemRetries> 0 </maxDnsProblemRetries>
<deliveryThreads> 1 </deliveryThreads>
<sendpartial>true</sendpartial>
<bounceProcessor>bounces</bounceProcessor>
<gateway>172.16.1.206 </gateway>
<gatewayPort>25</gatewayPort>
<gatewayUsername>xxx</gatewayUsername>
<gatewayPassword>yyy</gatewayPassword>

</mailet>

</processor>

and got in James1 log:
INFO  12:52:47,502 | james.mailetcontext | Exception delivering message
(Mail1274698287300-18) - SMTP can only send RFC822 message

James replies with

Hi. This is the James mail server at srv001.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Below
I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to deliver
your message.

I also tried the initial config I proposed (which was more applicable
for a servers configured in series, yours being more suited for
tree-like servers), and got the same error in James1 log.

James2 can handle mails (tested via telnet).
When I send via James1, nothing is written in the log (so I assume the
mail does not even leave James1).

Finally I am wondering if the "SMTP can only send RFC822 message" comes
from my config, or from the handling of mails via gateway in current trunk.
I have difficulties to test "gateways" config from my environment
(firewalls,...).
Any idea if it comes from my configs or from issues with james handling
"gateways"?

Many Tks,

Eric

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Took from a fresh james setup and simply enabled the <gateway> tag with
a valid smtp relay and got same exception when attempting to deliver
mails via gateway:
INFO  13:26:30,682 | james.mailetcontext | Exception delivering message
(Mail1274700389857-3) - SMTP can only send RFC822 messages

For 2.3, I simply enabled the <gateway> tag (with eventual
username/pwd), and it was OK.

Something else to configure in current trunk?

Tks,

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

I just fixed this. Sorry for the trouble.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi Norman,
Just tested: works fine. Tks a lot for your patches.
I will now configure the servers-per-domains with the RegExp matcher and
RemoteDelivery processor.
Should be piece-of-cake.

Tks again,

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hopefully fixed. There were a problem with multiple instances of the mailet.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
I need to define different processors, each having
<mailet match="All" class="ActiveMQRemoteDelivery"> with different
<gateway> values.

Whatever the values I define for <outgoingQueue> and
<outgoingRetryQueue>, I've got:
Caused by: org.apache.camel.FailedToStartRouteException: Failed to start
route route5 because of Multiple consumers for the same endpoint is not
allowed: Endpoint[direct://outgoingQueueInjectorEndpoint]

Seems AbstractRemoteDelivery doesn't take into account the
<outgoingQueue> and <outgoingRetryQueue> values and uses a fixed
outgoingQueueInjectorEndpoint String.

Finally, I will eat my piece of cake a bit later.

Tks in advance,

Eric

On 05/27/2010 07:30 PM, Eric Charles wrote:
> Hi Norman,
> Just tested: works fine. Tks a lot for your patches.
> I will now configure the servers-per-domains with the RegExp matcher
> and RemoteDelivery processor.
> Should be piece-of-cake.
>
> Tks again,
>
> Eric
>

> On 05/27/2010 08:19 AM, Norman Maurer wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> I just fixed this. Sorry for the trouble.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Norman
>>

>> 2010/5/26 Eric Charles<er...@u-mangate.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just updated to revision 948330 with the AbstractRemoteDelivery
>>> patch.
>>> Mails are now forwarded, but without title, body nor header (see
>>> hereafter
>>> 1.Direct and 2.ViaJames from wireshark).
>>> Maybe the camel configuration needs some modifications.
>>>
>>> Tks,
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>
>>> 1. DIRECT TO RELAY
>>> 220 relay.skynet.be ESMTP