Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 15:27:50 UTC

Re: Orderly shutting down services

Dan, you may want to try building an aries snapshot of blueprint-core and
see if that helps.
I've fixed ARIES-1020 and ARIES-1025 which should help with your problems.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Try setting org.apache.aries.blueprint.preemptiveShutdown=false
> > And in all cases, your bundle should support the service to not be
> > available.
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It my case, i have bundle with higher start level trying to access
> >> service from lower start level at shutdown time ( ie blueprint
> >> destroy-method ), it seems like the lower blueprint bundle service get
> >> removed early, even thou the bundle is not stopped yet.
> >>
> >> I will create a couple of simple of bundles to reproduce this issue.
> >>
> >> Thank you for looking into this
> >>
> >> -Dan

> level,

> detects

> start

> with

> intermittent,

> and

> upgrade

> from
> blueprint

> BeanRecipe
> threw
> >> >> >>>>>>

> org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ServiceUnavailableException:
> >> >> >>>>>>

> org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe.getService(ReferenceRecipe.java:233)
> >> >> >>>>>>

> org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe.access$000(ReferenceRecipe.java:54)
> >> >> >>>>>>

> org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe$ServiceDispatcher.call(ReferenceRecipe.java:291)
> >> >> >>>>>>

> Proxy292eef6e_56c9_4a23_9717_803ff8d4fb86.deregisterDataProvider(Unknown
> >> >> >>>>>>

> xxxxxx.data.provider.filestream.internal.core.DefaultFileStreamDataProviderFactory.cleanup(DefaultFileStreamDataProviderFactory.java:114)

> end

> Blueprint

> org.apache.aries.blueprint.cm/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> in
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>

> (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.aries.blueprint)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.2.0))))

> in
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)

> apache-karaf

> org.apache.aries.blueprint.cm/1.0.0
> constraint
> 13.0:
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.aries.blueprint)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0))))
> 13.0:
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> rg.apache.aries.blueprint)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0)))
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)
> >> >> >>>>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)

Posted by ch...@kiffer.ltd.uk.
vetalok,

> Can one bundle that fails trigger whole framework to stop?

If it fails hard enough, yes.  In fact even if it calls System.exit() ...

Suggest you first investigate this as a general Java-application-crashes
problem, e.g. collect and analyse heap dumps (hprof files), run whole
process in debugger if feasible, etc. ...

Re: Orderly shutting down services

Posted by vetalok <ve...@gmail.com>.
Guys,
Could you please help me to resolve problem with unexpected Karaf shutdown?
I was asked this question  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35288889/karaf-stops-unexpectedly>   but
it still not answered. Here is the question:
After upgrading Karaf from 2.2.11 to 4.0.3 with log4j2 support and running
load tests of our Karaf based application, Karaf unexpectedly starts
shutdown process.
We increased most of memory options but it did not help.
No info in logs - just "Stopping blueprint extender" and "Unregistering
bundles...". Above these messages there was debug info from my bundles. In
manifest files of our bundles old OSGI container is used
(org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0"). This occurs only with load tests, for
single threaded scenarios there are no problems.
Can one bundle that fails trigger whole framework to stop?
Any ideas why Karaf 4.0.3 is not stable and where we need to investigate?

Re: Orderly shutting down services

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
But the latest snapshot at apache snapshot repo does not have your change

Please please, help to push a new snapshot

Thanks

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
It works!!!