Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org> on 2002/07/09 19:27:56 UTC

Ant 1.5 Final Preview ready

Hi,

The preview of 1.5 final is available at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5/

Assuming I don't hear back any release-stopping
issues today, look forward to the release
announcement tomorrow.

Cheers,
Magesh

Re: Ant 1.5 Final Preview ready

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
> > it's not really a showstopper but I've got a little problem

Good so the rpm is allready available :

http://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/__jpackage__/ant/

> Let's get it into 1.6 then.

Ok, and we could add my xtranslate task which will gain a
SQL backend and discovery features ;)

Re: Ant 1.5 Final Preview ready

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
> > The preview of 1.5 final is available at:
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5/
> >
> > Assuming I don't hear back any release-stopping
> > issues today, look forward to the release
> > announcement tomorrow.
>
> it's not really a showstopper but I've got a little problem

Let's get it into 1.6 then.

Cheers,
Magesh

*  When two airplanes almost collide why do   *
*  they call it a near miss?? It sounds like  *
*  a near hit to me!!                         *

Re: Ant 1.5 Final Preview ready

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Quoting Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> The preview of 1.5 final is available at:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5/
>
> Assuming I don't hear back any release-stopping
> issues today, look forward to the release
> announcement tomorrow.

it's not really a showstopper but I've got a little problem
for building ant 1.5 when a ant 1.4.1/1.5 is allready installed in
rpm_mode.

The boostrap code recopy ant scripts, and if the ant scripts detect
a /etc/ant.conf and the rpm_mode, it use the rpm_mode layout instead of
the one in bootstrap.

Attached is a little patch, which check if an ANT_BOOTSTRAP env var exist.
If so it didn't load the /etc/ant.conf and so will never be in rpmmode.

Regards