Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/28 08:58:20 UTC

how to handle dataregion out of memmory gracefully

in testing i managed to exceed a data regions space and this region is memory
only. When this happens an unhandled exception is thrown from the underlying
ignite dlls and the process crashes. How can i handle this gracefully
without losing the server?

Re: how to handle dataregion out of memmory gracefully

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Enable Ignite persistence [1], an eviction algorithm [2] or swap space [3]
to avoid OOM in case of the data region overflow.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/evictions
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/swap-space

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,

You can see a message written to a console during Ignite startup with
a calculated amount of memory required for a server. It looks as follows:

Nodes started on local machine require more than 80% of physical RAM
what can lead to significant slowdown due to swapping (please decrease
JVM heap size, data region size or checkpoint buffer size)
[required=694MB, available=996MB]

As already said you should clearly understand that your server does not
require more memory than available. I believe that it is a responsibility of
a server administrator to prevent a memory exhaustion. Also I could suggest
to configure enough swap space and a monitoring which will notify admin
when the system begins swapping.

пн, 29 окт. 2018 г. в 9:50, Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>:

> Hello!
>
> I'm afraid that Ignite is not usable currently after suffering Out Of
> Memory error. You should be careful to prevent that from happening.
>
> Currently there is no graceful way of dealing with it.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> вс, 28 окт. 2018 г. в 11:58, wt <wa...@gmail.com>:
>
>> in testing i managed to exceed a data regions space and this region is
>> memory
>> only. When this happens an unhandled exception is thrown from the
>> underlying
>> ignite dlls and the process crashes. How can i handle this gracefully
>> without losing the server?
>>

>> --

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: how to handle dataregion out of memmory gracefully

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!