Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Wang, Pin-Chieh" <Pi...@COMPAQ.com> on 2000/06/19 15:02:32 UTC

Get User Login Name

Hi,
Is there any way to obtain user login name from perl if I put .htaccess
under /usr/local/apache/htdocs/restricted and put my cgi/perl script under
cgi-bin with no restriction. The reason I put no restriction for cgi-bin is
to avoid user to login twice so I only place restriction under
htdocs/restricted directory. ( but I lost  "remote_user"  environmental
variable).
I could get "remote_user" if I put the restriction on both cgi-bin and
htdocs/restricted, but user has to login twice.

Thanks
PC Wang

RE: Get User Login Name

Posted by jb...@team-linux.com.
The user should not have to log in twice if you use the same AuthName (Realm)
in both .htaccess files.

--
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@team-linux.com + Team Linux

Six simple words: I'm not gay, but I'll learn.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   I Love Lisa