Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/10 06:00:21 UTC

Can't resolve dependency with version range

I'm using Maven 2.2.1.  It won't resolve a dependency with a locked
down version like [1.0.0.6] if the metadata xml file in the local repo
does not have that version.  It won't look in my remote repo, which
does have the version I need.  But if I delete the metadata xml
file(s) in my local repo, then it works.

I searched the mail archives and found a lot of topics similar to
this, but I couldn't find a clear enough explanation to understand
whether I'm doing something wrong or if this is just a bug.

Phillip

P.S.  Here's an example output of the error.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Couldn't find a version in [1.0.0.4, 1.0.0.5] to match range [1.0.0.6,1.0.0.6]
  ad.core:cppunitlite:zip:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  adrepo-public (http://maven.example.com:8080/nexus/content/groups/public)

Path to dependency:
        1) ad.core:core:pom:1.0.0.46-SNAPSHOT

Re: Can't resolve dependency with version range

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Oh, yes. I don't recommend using anything but Maven 3.0.

/Anders

Posted by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com>.

Is Maven able to count the number of skipped unit tests?

Posted by Stefan Egeler <St...@loyaltypartner.com>.

Hello,

We are setting up a quality dashboard for administrate our metrics. For this, we need to know if Maven is able to count (and transmit) the number of skipped unit tests. Is it able to do this?

Stefan Egeler

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the e-mail by anyone else is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Common e-mails are not protected against access by third persons and therefore might be lost, changed or falsified, with or without any interference by third persons. We cannot accept any responsibility for the integrity of e-mails or for any damages resulting out of these circumstances.

Re: Can't resolve dependency with version range

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Maven 3.0 rocks! :-)

/Anders

Posted by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com>.