Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2017/10/23 10:27:04 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00005

when comparing the tag and the source zip I stumbled over:

Only in ~/devel/ASF/lucenenet/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn: Hhmm
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: AbstractDictionary.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: BigramDictionary.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: BiSegGraph.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: HHMMSegmenter.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: PathNode.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: SegGraph.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: SegToken.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: SegTokenFilter.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: SegTokenPair.cs
Only in extracted/src/Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn/HHMM: WordDictionary.cs

The git repo contains two directories Hhmm and HHMM which may be
collapsed into a single one on a case-insensitive file system. I'm not
even sure I'd be able to build this on Linux (haven't actually tried,
may try again with the latest Powershell release one day).

I think this should get fixed, but won't block the release because of
it.

For the vote I'll need to run RAT which will take a bit of time, will
vote later today.

Stefan

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00005

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2017-10-23, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> The HHMM directory/namespace was changed from upper to pascal case. It
> looks like the embedded resources in those folders didn't get renamed
> for some reason. However, those embedded resources are not intended
> for use by end users, so it is not a blocker (but something that
> should be fixed). You are right that it probably won't build on Linux,
> but that is not a tested scenario anyway.

If you want me to I can fix it from my Linux box on master by moving all
files to Hhmm - I assume fixing it on a case-insensitive file system is
a bit more work.

> Do note I did use RAT to locate and add the license header to 54 files
> (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/commit/a22a90541f3b931478653f0e529314225a8d362c). You
> are welcome to give it a another pass, though.

Ah, please leave a small part where I can contribute ;-)

Seriously, I appreciate you having done all the work (and in particular
also thinking of the boring legal stuff). Running RAT is just part of my
standard "script" when voting on any ASF release.

Stefan

RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta00005

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Thanks Stefan.

The HHMM directory/namespace was changed from upper to pascal case. It looks like the embedded resources in those folders didn't get renamed for some reason. However, those embedded resources are not intended for use by end users, so it is not a blocker (but something that should be fixed). You are right that it probably won't build on Linux, but that is not a tested scenario anyway.

Do note I did use RAT to locate and add the license header to 54 files (https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/commit/a22a90541f3b931478653f0e529314225a8d362c). You are welcome to give it a another pass, though.

Thanks again,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)