Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Bogdan Calmac <bc...@knoa.com> on 2005/08/22 19:01:58 UTC

C/C++ tool similar to velocity

Do you know of any tool similar to velocity written in C/C++? I would use it
for source code generation so it doesn't need to be too fancy, just basic
templating, ifs and loops.

thank you.

Re: C/C++ tool similar to velocity

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
For PHP, try Smarty.  Conceptually, it's a lot like Velocity.  It has a very
good reputation among my colleagues who have used it.
http://smarty.php.net/

WILL

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Andrew Mason <an...@assertis.net> writes:

>Not really but something for PHP could come in handy. Java hosts aren't
>cheap and we have lots of people that don't want to host with us /
>already have hosting. We can't take advantage of velocity in this
>situation. :(

Thats easy. smarty It's even a semi-official part of PHP now:
http://smarty.php.net

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: C/C++ tool similar to velocity

Posted by Andrew Mason <an...@assertis.net>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
The problem with C/C++ is that, there is no reflection API. That might
be a limiting factor for porting Velocity template engine to C/C++.

My 2 cents,

Jian

Posted by Andrew Mason <sl...@gmail.com>.