Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@holsman.net> on 2011/04/27 14:19:54 UTC

removing old releases

I've had a look at hadoop's dist area (http://www.apache.org/dist/hadoop/ )
and was wondering which of these people think we should do here.

If no one objects within a week, I will remove everything except the hadoop-0.20.2,
hadoop-21.0, and stable directories there.

Thanks
Ian

Begin forwarded message:

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. Elbert Hubbard

Re: removing old releases

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.
and done.
I left chukwa 0.4.0 there as they are currently pointing to it on their release page.

Re: removing old releases

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>.
+1. Thanks Ian.

Re: removing old releases

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org> wrote:

> No need to wait a week, if you have time to clear it out. Thanks for
> taking care of this, Ian.

+1 on cleaning it up now. I doubt that there would be any debate that the
"current" releases are 0.20.2 and 0.21.0. Also removing the ex-subprojects
can proceed immediately as none of those releases are current either.

Re: removing old releases

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Re: removing old releases

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.
just to clarify.. there is a archive area - http://archive.apache.org/dist/hadoop/core/ where old releases are kept, so we are not deleting anything forever, just not having it available via the mirrors and taking up valuable diskspace etc etc.