Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/02/25 18:32:56 UTC

[VOTE][digester] Release Digester 1.4.1

digester 1.4.1 is a bug fix release.

i've created release candidate distributions which can be found at:

http://cvs.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-digester/RC1/

your votes, please:

Release Digester 1.4.1

[ ] +1  I support this release and will help
[ ] +0  I support this release but am unable to help
[ ] -0  I do not support this release
[ ] -1  I do not support this release, and here are my reasons:

Re: [VOTE][digester] Release Digester 1.4.1

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 04:38 AM, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> 2. http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases.html needs to be updated to
> specifically talk about generating a site via Maven.  ( In addition, this
> release page should talk about mirrors.. )

agreed. i recorded what i did for my last release and i intend to create
an updated version of the release page. i am planning to test my notes for
the digester 1.4.1 release and then check them with infrastructure (to
make sure i've got the procedure right).

- robert

RE: [VOTE][digester] Release Digester 1.4.1

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.

So, it seems that I have stumbled upon something a bit larger than I had
thought here.  I didn't mean to cause any delay in 1.4.1 release, but was
hoping to point out that there was a problem with having two sites for
digester.  ( Search "digester" on Google, it returns the out-dated Maven
site. )

Sounds like there are two tasks that have been uncovered here (both are
non-blocking for a 1.4.1 release):

1. Revive the Maven site for Digester.  Possibly move to building with Maven
(b8).  Dependency versions need to be updated, and the site needs to be
generated from Maven.

2. http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases.html needs to be updated to
specifically talk about generating a site via Maven.  ( In addition, this
release page should talk about mirrors.. )

There's a larger issue relating to a number of commons components, it looks
like beanutils, collections, discovery, jexl, logging, modeler, pool (I'm
working from the left nav menu on
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html).  It looks like there are a
number of projects with two distinct project pages.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:26:04 -0600
> From: "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: [VOTE][digester] Release Digester 1.4.1
>
> +1, this release might also be a good time to get rid of this legacy site:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/, and add a redirect to
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester.html.  I'd be willing to help out
> with this.

+1 on the release.

Isn't digester.html the *old* site, and don't we want the new
(Maven-based) one?

Craig

RE: [VOTE][digester] Release Digester 1.4.1

[X] +1  I support this release and will help