Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/08/01 18:56:42 UTC

Re: /etc/map units tests and the issue of recursive mapping

Hi Andy,

On Mon, 2018-07-30 at 14:32 -0700, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi
>
> For SLING-7768 I created two unit test classes
> (org.apache.sling.resourceresolver, branch: feature/SLING-7768) that
> test the basic etc mapping behaving directly with MapEntries and one
> through the Resource Resolver which also includes tests using
> resolve().
>
> During my tests I ran into an issue with the /etc/map mapping that
> led to an issue where Sling became unresponsive and luckily can be
> fixed by changing the path to the /etc/map in the Resource Resolver
> Factory configuration. It might be good to provide a configuration
> settings where certain paths like the one from Composum can be
> excluded from the mapping to avoid loosing access to composum due to
> a misconfiguration in the mapping.

Do these issues appear only with the new interpolation code? If that's
not the case, please file a separate SLING issue as we should prevent
it from happening. In any case, relying on configuration is not a
definitive solution, we must avoid Sling locking up.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: /etc/map units tests and the issue of recursive mapping

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 08:47 -0700, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> I extracted the Etc Mapping tests and added it to master including a
> test that showcases the endless circular mapping:
>
> - EtcMappingResourceResolverTest.endless_circular_mapping()
>
> Create a ticket here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7810

Thanks! I think it would be much safer to guard against this in code,
rather than rely on configuration.

One option would be to stop mapping after a configurable number of
steps, e.g. 100. Maybe there are other options as well?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: /etc/map units tests and the issue of recursive mapping

Posted by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID>.
I extracted the Etc Mapping tests and added it to master including a test that showcases the endless circular mapping:

- EtcMappingResourceResolverTest.endless_circular_mapping()

Create a ticket here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7810 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7810>

Cheers - Andy Schaefer

Posted by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID>.